According to data recently released by the North Dakota State Tax Commissioner’s office, McKenzie County had $59.8 million in taxable sales and purchases for April-June (Q2) 2021. That is up from the pandemic-induced low of $45.4 million in 2021Q1, but still well behind the all-time high of $107.4 million in 2019Q2.
- Year to date visits to the North Unit of Theodore Roosevelt National Park are up. For 2021 the visit count was 75,611, in 2020 the visit count was 64,871 at the same point in the year.
- McKenzie County’s unemployment rate dropped from 6.7% in June 2021 to 5.5% in July 2021.
- Watford City’s taxable sales increased from $38,068,798 in 2020Q2 to $52,324,598 in 2021Q2.
Delta Constructors LLC remained atop the 2020 list of largest employers in McKenzie County for the third year in a row as compiled by Job Service North Dakota. Rounding out the top five employers include ONEOK, McKenzie County School District, McKenzie County Healthcare Systems and Kinder Morgan. See the top 25 employers in 2020 and years prior here.
- June 2021 McKenzie County oil production at 13,735,664 held very similar to May 2021 oil production at 13,791,892. Over the same period WTI Oil price/barrel increased from $65.17 to $71.38.
- Both McKenzie County’s labor force and unemployment rate increased from May 2021 to June 2021.
- Brookledge’s apartment occupancy rate increased from 68% in July 2021 to 76% in August 2021.
McKenzie County had 247 resident births and 105 resident deaths in 2020, according to data recently released by the North Dakota Department of Health Vital Statistics Division. That represents a decline in births from the all-time-high in 2019 where there were 278 births recorded. When compared to a decade ago in 2010 where there were 53 births and 56 deaths recorded.
AgweekTV in conjunction with StrengthenND is profiling modern-day homesteaders. Sandy Rieker who lives outside Alexander, ND is the first to be profiled. Rieker and her family moved to North Dakota a decade ago and through grit and determination have built a life that they love.